NoPerfectParentsAllowed.com has been Nominated for a Liebster Award!
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
Wow! I am so honored! My little blog has been nominated for a Liebster Award! I want to start off by saying a HUGE THANK YOU to Ashley at NavigatingTheYears.com for recognizing my blog, NoPerfectParentsAllowed.com, for a Liebster Award! Thank you so much, Ashley. I, very humbly, accept your nomination!
Ashley blogs at NavigatingTheYears.com, where she shares tips and resources for helping parents successfully make their way through the teen and tween years. She describes her blog as: “… a virtual parenting village where parents can share resources and tips for developing life skills and character traits in adolescents.”
Ashley is a mother of two daughters and describes herself as: “… an imperfect mother. Flawed wife. Servant-hearted Christ follower. Encouraging teacher. Lifelong learner. Recovering introvert. Chocolate lover. And scaredy-cat “adventurer”.” Make sure you check out her blog, NavigatingTheYears.com, her content is wonderfully informative and beautifully presented.
What is the Liebster Award?
According to The Global Aussie, the Liebster Award “is an award that … is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes back as far as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.” For more information, see The Global Aussie.
I am truly honored for my blog to be recognized by a fellow blogger for this award!
My Favorite Blog
As a new blogger, I currently follow A LOT of other blogs. I find it incredibly helpful for inspiration when coming up with design ideas, post topics, and layouts. (Blogging can certainly be a solitary endeavor, and following other blogs is one way to not feel so alone in the process!)
Because I follow so many blogs, that means I ALSO get a lot of emails and notifications about new posts. Unfortunately, I get WAY more than I could ever keep up with in my busy life. Most of the time, the subject line or title has GOT to grab me by the throat and pull me in for me to take the time to read it. (I WISH I had time to read them all, but “mom life” doesn’t generally allow for it!)
But there are a select few blogs that I read EVERY email I get from them. And I check out EVERY new post that is added. They are my primary source of inspiration and encouragement, and I get truly excited when I see them pop up in my inbox. Frankly, my “baby blog” wants to BE these blogs when she grows up!
And my most favorite among these blogs is Laura Smith’s IHeartPlanners.com.
Laura’s blog is incredible! She continually inspires me with her organizational tips and all of her BEAUTIFUL printables. (She has HUNDREDS – if not THOUSANDS! – of them available to her readers!!)
In fact, it was her course, How to Create Printables, that got me started down the path to an organizational blog for moms! I absolutely loved this course, because it showed me, STEP BY STEP, how to easily and quickly create beautiful printables that I could then offer to my own readers! (So if you ever had any thoughts about creating printables for yourself or for your readers, without the hassle of expensive or complicated programs, make sure you check out How to Create Printables for yourself!)
Since I discovered Laura’s blog, I have learned so much! Her blog, IHeartPlanners.com, is a constant source of inspiration for me!
10 Random Facts About Me
One of the Liebster Award’s requirements is to share 10 random facts about myself, so that my readers can learn interesting little things about me. So here are 10 things about me that you might not know!
- I LOVE lemon meringue pie! I could literally eat it every day for the rest of my life, and never get tired of it! In fact, I choose to have lemon meringue pie in lieu of a cake on my birthday every year! (It isn’t easy to get candles to stick in the meringue, but we make it work!)
- My toenails are ALWAYS painted. Even in the winter when I have socks on all the time. It makes me feel good about myself to indulge in that small act of self-care!
- My favorite thing to do on a lazy Saturday is to watch Hallmark Movies. I love knowing that there will always be a happy ending!
- I’m quite crafty. I have an area of my garage that is dedicated to glass fusing. I love opening a warm kiln to see how a project has transformed! I also recently started crocheting again. My grandma taught me how when I was a child, and I have rediscovered the calming effects that it can have on me when I am stressed out. (Plus, all of the tutorials that are available on YouTube these days are awesome!)
- I want to be a romance novel author. I love reading romance novels (Nora Roberts and Kristan Higgins are among my favorite authors), and I hope to one day join the ranks of the published fiction authors! (In fact, I actually HAVE a partially-written manuscript hanging out on my hard drive, waiting for the day that I am brave enough to finish and submit it to a publisher!)
- I HATE to cook! The kitchen and I are NOT friends, and if I ever become a billionaire, the first thing I will do is hire a personal chef so I never have to cook again!!
- I still believe that I will find my own “happily ever after.” Even with everything I have been through in my life in terms of heartache and loss, I truly believe that I will find my own Prince Charming.
- I do my best thinking in the shower. I think it is because that is the one place where I can focus without distraction. I thought I had come up with my “million-dollar-idea” about a notepad that you can use in the shower, but alas, it already exists! I have the Aqua Notes Waterproof Notepad in my shower and I use it every day so that I don’t forget my golden nuggets of brilliance by the time I am dried and dressed!
- I journal every night. One of the hardest parts of being a single mom is the fact that I don’t have a partner to share my troubles, triumphs, or thoughts with. I had to find a way to get things out of my head so that I could “lighten my load,” and journaling has been such a blessing for me. In fact, I even wrote an eBook about it, which is available to purchase on Amazon! Check it out, it is called Just Write it Down: A Beginner’s Guide to Parenting Journals.
- I want to live in Charleston, South Carolina. It is my absolute favorite city in the whole world! I am so in love with everything about it (and have been since I visited there as a child), and it is my dream to live there some day!
My Nominees for the Liebster Award
As a nominee of the Liebster Award, it is my duty to recognize other new bloggers for the award as well. I reviewed many, MANY blogs before I chose these bloggers as my nominees. But their useful content, the design of their blogs, and their desire to help others is what led me to my final decisions. Make sure you check out their websites, I think you will enjoy what they have to offer:
- Erin at TheIncrementalMama.com
- Jess at Exceptionally-Ordinary.com
- Gem at TheGoalChaser.com
- Rachel at TheNaptimeprojects.com
- Alicja at JustRedefine.com
Ladies, if you choose to accept the nomination, please follow these steps:
- Write about the Liebster Award on your blog and answer the 10 questions that I pose to you below. (Make sure you follow the directions on The Global Aussie Official Rules Page.)
- Nominate 5-11 other new bloggers who you feel deserve the award.
- Notify your nominees.
Questions for My Nominees
If you decide to participate, please answer these questions in your post about the Liebster Award:
- Who is your biggest inspiration in your life?
- What is your earliest childhood memory, and has it influenced the person you are today?
- PC or Mac?
- What drew you to blogging?
- What type of blogs are your favorite to follow?
- Do you follow a blogging schedule, or do you just fit it in when you can?
- What is the most effective way you have found to grow your audience?
- If you could take a dream vacation to anywhere in the world, where would you go and who would you want to take with you?
- When are you most productive?
- Do you follow a routine, or are you a “fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants” kind of girl?
My Answers to the 10 Questions from Ashley
- Why did you start blogging? Initially, I started blogging as a way to make some extra money, but still have a flexible schedule to be available for my kids. But as I really started getting into it, I realized that it wasn’t just going to be about the money for me, it was more about sharing things that I have discovered in my life that other moms may be able to benefit from.
- How do you help people with your blog? I help busy, overwhelmed moms find ways to organize their lives and manage their families as easily and efficiently as possible.
- Who helped you start your blog? I started my blog with the help of Suzi Whitford’s course, Blog By Number. It is an awesome (and affordable!!) blogging course for moms that leads you, step-by-step, through the entire process of starting a blog from the ground up. Suzi is an amazing woman, mom, and blogging friend who takes new mom bloggers by the hand, and encourages and helps them every step of the way. If anyone I know was ever considering starting a blog, her course, Blog By Number, is the only one that I would ever recommend!
- For what are you grateful? I am grateful for my children. They are the light of my life, my reason for getting out of bed in the morning, and my hope for a bright and amazing future for this world. They are the best people I have ever known (ok, maybe I’m a bit biased! Haha!) and I am so blessed to be their mom!
- Share a struggle that you have overcome. One of the biggest struggles that I have faced in my life was my divorce. I fell apart when he walked away from us, but I am so proud of the way I have pieced my life back together for myself and for my kids. I wouldn’t wish that experience on my worst enemy, but it has definitely made me the strong woman and mother that I am today.
- Tell us about one of your first jobs and how it impacted you. I worked at a daycare during college. It opened my eyes to the fact that there are so many children in the world who didn’t have it as good as I did growing up. We may not have been wealthy, but I always knew I was loved. Many of those children didn’t even have that luxury. Seeing how some of those kids were being raised made me appreciate my own parents even more.
- What influences your character? I like to think that I am a fundamentally good person. But knowing that my children are watching me, and that I will, in large part, influence the kind of people they become when they grow up, makes me try to be the best person that I can be. I try to model kindness, empathy, and respect for others, so that they will treat others that way as well.
- What is the best tip you learned as a teenager to handle money? Don’t overextend. If you don’t have the money for something, then you should be patient and wait until you do before you buy it.
- What life skill do you wish that you had as a young adult? Why? I wish I had the courage to be more adventurous. I was always fairly sheltered as a child, and when it came time for me to go off on my own, I didn’t really have the confidence in myself to take risks. I often chose the “safe” path, which wasn’t always necessarily the right path for me, but I knew I would be less likely fail. If I could go back, with the knowledge I have now, I would definitely take more risks.
- What are your top 3 non-fiction books? Well, I’m really more of a fiction lover, but I HAVE to say that my eBook, Just Write It Down, is up there pretty high! (Haha!) I also really like The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson and Power Over the Pillow by Stephen Toroni. These two books are a go-to for me when I am feeling stuck and need a boost!
So, there you have it! Thank you again to Ashley for the nomination, and also thank you to Jack at TheGlobalAussie.com for uplifting new bloggers through the recognition of their peers with the Liebster Award! Again, it is truly an honor to be recognized!
Join the No Perfect Parents Allowed Facebook Group!
Come be a part of the No Perfect Parents Allowed community!
No trolls, I promise!
Just supportive moms sharing awesome organizational tips!
JOIN THE FUN!
Never miss an organizational tip, hint, or trick! Sign up here to join the mailing list!
Can't wait to have you along for the journey!